Friday, November 13, 2015

Cirque Colors | Holiday 2015


I have the Cirque Colors Holiday 2015 collection to show you today, which was kindly sent to me for a review, thank you Annie :) The collection consists of 3 brand new shades, and a recurring shade: AU, which is a 23K gold leaf topper.
The 2 new "chrome", foil effect polishes are limited edition, but the red holo will stay in the core line. I think this collection looks soooo awesome, especially that 2 reflective, chrome nail polishes.
At this point they only available at the Cirque Colors website ($13 each, except AU which is $36), but they are on their way to Rainbow Connetcion and Velouria. You can always ask your fave stockists about the collection, hopefully they will carry them at some point (you can find the Cirque stockist list HERE).
Until December 31, 2015, 10% of net proceeds from the sale of The Holiday 2015 Collection will be donated to Girls Who Code: A non-profit education organization that works to empower young women to pursue opportunities in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) fields.


Madder | 2 coats + topcoat
Madder is a deep crimson red linear holographic. I'm not that crazy about reds in general, so it didn't made me too excited (especially because Reflektor and Halcyon made me totally lost my mind :D), but it also contains tiny silver micro flakies (well...I suppose they are silver, but they appear gold because I assume the red base give them a gold tint), and those make a little bit special - even for me :) It's not a crazy holographic polish, I would say that the holo effect in this is medium. I tested it  - without a basecoat - for 2 days, and it didn't stained on me!










Reflektor (limited edition) | 2 coats + topcoat
The true stars of the collection are the two highly reflective, foil finish nail polishes. But these are not even foil, these look like genuine chrome/silver. I almost couldn't belive when I painted on. I haven't seen anything quite as reflective and chrome as these ones. It's more reflective than OPI Push & Shove or KBShimmer That's Ore Like It! or the ILNP holo-flakies! And the good thing is that you can use a topcoat, it won't effect the chrome, it won't be cloudy at all!
2 coats were plenty enough! The removal is not too bad either, but you might will notice some silver flakies around your skin, but nothing special that a quick handwash couldn't fix!









Halcyon (limited edition) | 2 coats + topcoat
Halcyon looks like the same as Reflektor, but it has a rosegold tint to it. I'm not going to write everything down again, because everything is the same quality and finish wise as Reflektor. This one has the same silver coated flakies, but it has a tinted base. It's a little bit frightening in the bottle, it looks too orange-y and bright, but once you paint it on your nails, everything works out the best. The last picture was taken in natural daylight (but the lighting situations wasn't the best).









2 comments: